Our website address is: https://shop.bandai.co.uk.
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are subject to the General Data Protection Regulation, which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
1. Person in Charge
Bandai is made up of different legal entities. This privacy notice is issued on behalf of the Bandai Group so when we mention “Bandai”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice, we are referring to the relevant company in the Bandai Group responsible for processing your data.
Bandai UK Limited is the controller and responsible for this website.
2. Collection of personal data
We may collect and use the following personal information about you:
This personal information is required to provide products or services to you. If you do not provide personal information we ask for, it may delay or prevent us from providing products or services to you.
We collect most of this personal information directly from you, by telephone, text or email or via our website.
However, we may also collect information:
3. Use of Personal Data
Under data protection law, we can only use your personal information if we have a proper reason for doing so, e.g.:
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests.
The table below explains what we use (process) your personal information for and our reasons for doing so:
What we use your personal information for :
For our legitimate interests or those of a third party, e.g. making sure that we can keep in touch with our customers about existing orders and new products.
To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
Marketing our services to:
For our legitimate interests or those of a third party, i.e. to promote our business to existing and former customers.
We may use your personal information to send you updates (by email, text message, telephone or post) about our products and services, including exclusive offers, promotions or new products and services.
We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal information for promotional purposes. This means we do not usually need your consent to send you promotional communications. However, where consent is needed, we will ask for this consent separately and clearly.
We will always treat your personal information with the utmost respect and never share it with other organisations outside the Bandai group for marketing purposes.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by:
We may ask you to confirm or update your marketing preferences if you instruct us to provide further products or services in the future, or if there are changes in the law, regulation, or the structure of our business.
4. Disclosure of Personal Data
We routinely share personal information with:
We only allow our service providers to handle your personal information if we are satisfied they take appropriate measures to protect your personal information. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to ensure they can only use your personal information to provide services to us and to you. We may also share personal information with external auditors.
We may disclose and exchange information with law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We may also need to share some personal information with other parties, such as potential buyers of some or all of our business or during a re-structuring. Usually, information will be anonymised but this may not always be possible. The recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
5. Security of Personal Data
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
6. How long your personal information will be kept
We will keep your personal information while you have an account with us or we are providing products or services to you. Thereafter, we will keep your personal information for as long as is necessary:
We will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of personal information. For further details on this please contact us.
When it is no longer necessary to retain your personal information, we will delete or anonymise it.
7. Transfers of Data Outside the EEA
To deliver goods and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for us to share your personal information outside the European Economic Area (EEA), e.g.:
These transfers are subject to special rules under European and UK data protection law.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
If you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA please contact us.
9. Records of Data Processes
We handle records of all processing of personal data in accordance with the obligations established by the GDPR, both where we might act as a controller or as a processor. In these records, we reflect all the information necessary in order to comply with the GDPR and cooperate with the supervisory authorities as required.
10. The Rights of Data Subjects
You have the following rights regarding personal data collected and processed by us.
Information regarding your data processing: You have the right to obtain from us all requisite information regarding our data processing activities that concern you (Articles 13 and 14 GDPR).
Access to personal data: You have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data and certain related information (Article 15 GDPR).
Rectification or erasure of personal data: You have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you without undue delay, and to complete any incomplete personal data (Article 16 GDPR). You may also have the right to obtain from us the erasure of personal data concerning you without undue delay, when certain legal conditions apply (Article 17 GDPR).
Restriction on processing of personal data: You may have the right to obtain from us the restriction of processing of personal data, when certain legal conditions apply (Article 18 GDPR).
Object to processing of personal data: You may have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you, when certain legal conditions apply (Article 21 GDPR).
Data portability of personal data: You may have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and have the right to transmit those data to another controller without our hindrance, when certain conditions apply (Article 20 GDPR).
Not to be subject to automated decision-making: You may have the right not to be subject to automated decision-making (including profiling) based on the processing of your personal data, insofar as this produces legal or similar effects on you, when certain conditions apply (Article 22 GDPR).
Access the binding corporate rules or the standard contractual clauses on the basis of which your data is being transferred abroad.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, please contact us or see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
Let us know what right you want to exercise and the information to which your request relates.
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we have proceeded with any request, or if you have any complaint regarding the way in which we process your personal data, you may lodge a complaint with a Data Protection Supervisory Authority.
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you may raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
11. Children’s Data
Our site is designed for users of all ages.
Children must be at least 13 years old in order to receive electronic marketing communications from Bandai.
No personal information is collected in respect of children browsing the site and making Wish Lists.
This privacy notice was published in March 2022.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time—when we do we will inform you via our website or other means of contact such as email.
13. Contact us
Our contact details are shown below:
Customer Service Manager
Bandai UK Limited
37 – 39 Kew Foot Road
1.1 What are cookies?
4. You are informed that cookies may be installed on your terminal device when you visit our website.
1.2 Why do we do cookies?
5. Some of the cookies used by Bandai Ltd. have the sole purpose of enabling or facilitating electronic communication (e.g. detection of login error, identification of connection points).
6. Some cookies are strictly necessary for the provision of an online communication service at your express request (e.g. shopping cart, screen display preferences).
7. And some cookies are used:
1.3 What cookies are we using?
8. The cookies used on the website are:
1.3.1 Bandai UK Ltd cookies
9. The cookies placed by the tools of the Bandai UK Ltd website are detailed in the table below:
1.3.1 Third-party cookies
Bandai Namco Amusement Europe Ltd also uses services offered by third parties.
18.104.22.168 Analytics cookies
11. Google Analytics helps us to measure the number of visitors and see how they use the website. It is a statistical tool that allows Bandai Namco Amusement Europe Ltd to improve its website by taking into account the needs of visitors.
12. The data generated by these cookies concern:
13. The cookies used are detailed in the table below:
This is one of the four main cookies set by the Google Analytics service which enables website owners to track visitor behaviour and measure site performance. This cookie lasts for 2 years by default and distinguishes between users and sessions. It it used to calculate new and returning visitor statistics. The cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics. The lifespan of the cookie can be customised by website owners.
The main purpose of this cookie is: Performance
This is one of the four main cookies set by the Google Analytics service which enables website owners to track visitor behaviour and measure site performance. This cookie determines new sessions and visits and expires after 30 minutes. The cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics. Any activity by a user within the 30 minute life span will count as a single visit, even if the user leaves and then returns to the site. A return after 30 minutes will count as a new visit, but a returning visitor.
The main purpose of this cookie is: Performance
This is one of the four main cookies set by the Google Analytics service which enables website owners to track visitor behaviour and measure site performance. It is not used in most sites but is set to enable interoperability with the older version of Google Analytics code known as Urchin. In this older versions this was used in combination with the __utmb cookie to identify new sessions/visits for returning visitors. When used by Google Analytics this is always a Session cookie which is destroyed when the user closes their browser. Where it is seen as a Persistent cookie it is therefore likely to be a different technology setting the cookie.
The main purpose of this cookie is: Performance
This cookie is set by Google Analytics. According to their documentation it is used to throttle the request rate for the service – limiting the collection of data on high traffic sites. It expires after 10 minutes
This is one of the four main cookies set by the Google Analytics service which enables website owners to track visitor behaviour measure of site performance. This cookie identifies the source of traffic to the site – so Google Analytics can tell site owners where visitors came from when arriving on the site. The cookie has a life span of 6 months and is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics.
The main purpose of this cookie is: Performance
22.214.171.124 Cookies to lake the website more user-friendly and interactive
14. To enable you to access certain features of the website, Bandai Namco Amusement Europe Ltd uses services offered by third parties, such as:
15. These features rely on third-party cookies that are directly placed by service providers.
16. Our website may use social plugins (“plugins”) of the social network Facebook .com which is operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA.
17. These plugins can be recognised by one of the Facebook logos (white “f” on a blue tile or a “thumbs-up” sign) or are marked as “Facebook Social Plugin”. A list of Facebook social plugins with illustrations is available on: https://developers.Facebook .com/docs/plugins/page-plugin.
18. As soon as a web page is being accessed which contains such a plugin, your browser will establish a direct connection with the servers of Facebook. The content of the plugin will be communicated directly from Facebook to your browser and embedded in the web page. We therefore have no influence on the amount of data Facebook obtains through these plugins and thus inform you according to our current state of knowledge: http://www.facebook.com/help/help/?faq=17512.
19. Facebook obtains the information that you have accessed the corresponding page of our website through the embedding of the plugin. If you are at that time logged into Facebook, Facebook will be able to allocate your visit to our page to your Facebook account. If you interact with the plugins, (e.g. use the “Like” button or leave a comment) then this information will be transmitted by your browser directly to Facebook and stored there. If you are not on Facebook, Facebook may still be able to find out your IP address and store it.
20. The plugins of Facebook can be embedded by website providers on their own website or platform. By clicking on the plugin registered Facebook users can automatically leave a note in their Facebook profile that they approve the linked contents of the respective website provider. The embedded Facebook plugin communicates continuously with Facebook and sends data immediately upon visiting the embedding web page to Facebook — whether or not the user clicks on it.
21. The so-called iFrame (or source text) embedding causes the browser to load apart from the actually accessed website another “page in the page” which contains the respective plugin. In the case of Facebook plugins, this iFrame or source text is entirely created by Facebook and can in principle not be controlled or edited by us.
22. If the user is not logged in or not registered with Facebook, a cookie is still installed which carries identifying information, such as, for instance, B7dcTqgWq3fuDgllFw47QPIO, and is valid for two years.
23. If the browser later re-connects with the server of Facebook, this cookie will be transmitted to the user account and can be used to create a profile. The information stored in the cookie may also still be retrieved retrospectively if the user registers later on Facebook.
24. If the user is logged into Facebook during the current browser session, both the accessed web page and the cookie will be transmitted to Facebook – in this case the session ID will allow for this information to be clearly allocatable to the respective user account.
25. We are not acquainted with the purpose and extent of the data collection as well as any further processing and use of the data by Facebook. For further information on your rights in this respect and on the browser settings options available to protect your privacy, please contact Facebook or refer to Facebook’s data protection information: http://www.facebook.com/policy.php.
26. It is possible to block Facebook social plugins with add-ons for your browser.
27. Our websites may use social plugins from the social network twitter.com operated by Twitter Inc., 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA.
28. These plugins are identifiable by their Twitter logo (white bird on blue square).
29. In particular, they allow you to share the content of our website https://bandainamco-am.co.uk with your Twitter contacts.
30. Our websites may use plugins from the Instagram social network operated by Instagram LLC, 1601 Willow Rd Menlo Park CA 94025 USA.
These plugins are identifiable by their Instagram logo (minimalist camera).
32. In particular, they allow you to share the content of our website https://bandainamco-am.co.uk with your Instagram contacts.
33. Our websites may use YouTube social network plugins operated by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
34. These plugins are identifiable by their YouTube logo (white triangle in a red rectangle).
35. They allow you to follow our video channel on this social network.
36. When you first visit our website, you are offered to accept or refuse the use of certain cookies.
Likewise, when you decide to accept cookies, a consent cookie is installed on your device.
39. This is why consent cookies and refusal cookies should not be deleted from your device. You can change your wishes at any time as described in the section below entitled “How to manage cookies?”.
1.5 How to manage cookies?
40. You have several options to manage cookie and other trackers.
1.5.1 Browser settings
41. Most browsers are set by default and accept cookies, but you can choose to systematically accept or reject all cookies or only cookies from certain issuers. You may also configure your browser to accept or reject cookies on a case by case basis prior to their installation. You may also regularly delete cookies from your device terminal via your browser.
42. Remember to adjust the browser settings on each of your devices (tablets, smartphones, computers).
43. Each browser has its own way of managing cookies and cookies settings. Go to the “Help” menu of each browser to be informed of how to change cookie settings.
44. Please note that setting your browser to disable cookies may restrict you from accessing certain features, pages, or areas of the website and we do not accept any liability for any consequences related to the settings you have chosen.
1.5.2 Third-party party opposition modules
45. You can choose to disable some third-party cookies, by going directly to the web page of the cookie issuer: For example:
1.5.3 Opposition platforms
46. Several platforms of advertising professionals also offer you the possibility to refuse or accept the cookies used by companies that are members of such platforms. Please note that these centralized mechanisms do not prevent advertising displays on the websites that you visit; it will only block the installation of cookies that allow advertisements to be adapted to your fields of interest.
47. For example, you can go to www.youronlinechoices.com to refuse the installation of those cookies on your device. This is a website offered by digital advertising professionals grouped within the European association EDAA (European Digital Advertising Alliance) and managed in France by the Interactive Advertising Bureau France.
48. In this way, you will be able to see the companies registered on this platform and which offer you the possibility of refusing or accepting the cookies used by these companies in order to tailor the advertisements likely to be displayed on your device to your browser information.
49. This European platform is shared by hundreds of advertising professionals on the Internet and constitutes a centralized interface allowing you to express your refusal or acceptance of cookies that may be used in order to tailor the advertisements likely to be displayed to your device’s browser.
1.6 Cookie management module
50. A module allows you to choose which cookies you wish to accept and which cookies you wish to refuse on this website.
51. You can access the module and modify your preferences at any time by clicking on this link [insert link to the cookie management module].